THE DISC PERSONALITY TEST

Personality tests are always interesting to take because they help you self-reflect. 

a. The results of the test- After taking the test, the results were as follows: Out of all the categories I am classified as an “Influential person”.

b. Was this a revelation/ new knowledge about yourself? Honestly the results weren’t very surprising to me because I am definitely a people oriented person. I care a lot about serving others and having people’s best interest in mind.

c. How will this effect your leadership style? In reading the description of what an “influential person” is, it says that this person is friendly, outgoing, sociable and they often are around friends. They define themselves by their relationships and they thrive on social contact. They can get along well with most people because they are generally interested in people. This describes my personality perfectly! In the Operating Room, everyone knows me by my positive attitude and how outgoing I am. This type of personality effects my leadership style in a number of ways. Influential people are important in an organization because they bring the human touch to the organization. They can make newer people in the organization feel welcome and a sense of belonging. 
d. What will you do with the knowledge this test gives you? It was interesting to find out that these people are generally not very good at doing tasks well; they are generally less meticulous and miss out certain details in their work. I don’t feel like I relate to this as much, however I can use this to really focus on the little details in becoming a better nurse and increasing my leadership skills!