THE LIFE OF THE ONE AND ONLY BREEZY ELZINGA

Let me introduce myself- My name is Breezy and I am your average (not so average) 24-year-old trying to figure out life. I am originally from UTAH. I love being outdoors and taking advantage of the beautiful mountains by hiking, snowboarding, etc. I grew up loving art and music. There’s no doubt that music is definitely one of my biggest passions in life. I love to sing and compose music on the piano. I feel like music is a good stress relief for me when life gets crazier than usual. Speaking of crazy, I recently graduated nursing school! It blows my mind that I have already been working as a nurse for over a year now. I currently work in the Operating Room as a circulating nurse. Let me tell you, the last year and a half has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me. Working as a brand new nurse has been challenging for sure. I never had the opportunity to have a clinical in the OR during nursing school, so this field of nursing was like learning a foreign language. I have learned MANY lessons from working as an OR nurse. I have learned that failure is actually your friend. Although failure is inevitable, you will succeed even more so if you make mistakes and learn from them. I have also learned just how important teamwork is. A successful surgery includes a “dream team” surgical team. When every individual in a team knows their specific role and excels in it, the overarching goal can be obtained. Lastly, I have learned that Communication is the KEY that opens the door to SUCCESS. As a nurse one of my most important roles is to communicate efficiently. I feel like communication is something that every single person can (and should) work on. The purpose of this blog to whoever actually reads it, will be to share lessons learned and include personal reflections as I conquer my last three classes to complete my Bachelors in Nursing. 

-the one and only Breezy